One person was taken to a hospital due to a fire Monday morning at a Columbia apartment complex.

It happened about 7:20 a.m. at Four Seasons Apartments in the 2800 block of School House Road.

Columbia Fire Department spokesman Brick Lewis says eight units sustained damage – a couple, heavy damage.

Lewis says it was an electrical fire, starting near a clothes dryer.

The Red Cross says it provided disaster relief assistance to seven families or about two dozen people who were displaced.

Damages are estimated at $115,000.